buying and fitting a combi boiler

Apologies for responding a little late but I thought I like to say that I have now bought the boiler and it is now sitting in my front room its a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 824 boiler. I hope I have made the right choice but it was in a sale for £415 boxed. I was going to buy a glowworm boiler but someone has said that these are just Vaillant boilers under a "badged" a bit like washing machines, is that right, would I have been better just buying a glowworm for less or was I right to buy the Vaillant?

the vaillant is better than the gw, £415 is an exceptional price; has it fallen off the back off a lorry?

Sponsored Links
I'd say a gw ultracom is more reliable than a vaillant, although that might change now, with the latest set of updates on the ecotec. Then again if it were a flexicom you've made a good choice.
Assuming the op must have agreed with an engineer to come and fit the boiler labour only? otherwise it could be sitting there along time.
I can only assume the boiler came from ebay at that price. :confused:

I'd say a gw ultracom is more reliable than a vaillant, although that might change now, with the latest set of updates on the ecotec. Then again if it were a flexicom you've made a good choice.
Assuming the op must have agreed with an engineer to come and fit the boiler labour only? otherwise it could be sitting there along time.
I can only assume the boiler came from ebay at that price. :confused:

ecotec vs ultracom I'd chose ecotec although as you know they are very similar/almost identical.

Sponsored Links
I think you are very lucky to have bought a Vaillant for just £415 !

If it does not include the flue then you must have the correct one. You can search on this forum and see the problems an owner can get buying the ( wrong ) flue himself.

Now all you need is a registered gas engineer happy to fit it for you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back