buying blocks in bulk

Tul

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone bought a truck load of dense blocks recently? If I buy in bulk they must be cheaper I will need over 2000 just for starters and then i've got a full house to build after that. The area is Cumbria but I think they would deliver quite a way for big quantities.

Thanks
Tul

Sponsored Links
No doubt about it, buying in bulk will save money and should also throw free delivery in too, but make sure you make the enquiry and ask for a price drop. Some merchants might try it on.

Don't buy them from a builders merchant i buy all my blocks (when needed in bigger quantities) from the manufacturer but obviously they only deliver full loads, 12 bails of 88.

See yer back then Tul. You must have your water mill up and running to power computer.. :D
Long time since we bought conny blocks. No idea of full load price From memory, 8 legger crane of load, 10 packs 88 no per pack. Think they do a Queen Mary (artic) 20 packs.
Gave up trying to buy blocks direct long time ago.
Go to three merchants, two nationals, one independent. Make appointment with manager, nine times out of ten, they are the only one with the responsibility to carve prices to the bone. Take complete list of what you want with you. The more they. see, the better your rate. Ask for quote, drop the hint that you are also going elsewhere for quotes. Most of the merchants are only working on 2.5 to 5% on full loads. Offer to pay by credit card couple days before delivery
If you are doing this on self build Tul, you should be able to claim VAT back on blocks as retaining wall is part of house structure.
oldun

Sponsored Links
HI Oldun,
Yea, got my SE drawing and about to start digging and putting steels etc in. Been using the same merchant for a few years mainly because they have a great delivery surface and I have had restricted access on my last two projects, not so on this one although an artic is probably still a bit too much for our narrow lanes up here. Thanks for all your previous advice, it was very helpful.
Tul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back