Buying British

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing you need to understand is method of entry and that people are counted in and counted out. So right away there are illegal migrants we know about.
https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/illegal-immigration
Perhaps this is where the 300,000 estimate comes from. (see below)
These are the over-stayers. The ones who cannot work, cannot claim benefits and must rely on family and friends.
://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/190
But some attempts have been made to estimate the total size of this population putting the figure anywhere between 300,000 and more than a million.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43837834
A long way off the estimate 1.1 million.
Migration watch, of course being a right wing organisation wanting to reduce immigration.

So according to you, our border force is a waste of space?
It's going to get even more difficult post Brexit when we have to monitor EU citizens in and out.
There will be far more illegal migrants to catch, process, and deport etc.

Sponsored Links
So according to you, our border force is a waste of space?

Where did I say that?

This is you all over. Not me but the facts completely contradict what you're saying and your only chance is to try and divert the argument elsewhere by putting words in to my mouth (I've not once mentioned the efficiency of the border force).

Not only that but you go on (without anything to back it up) try to discredit the data provided. Granted one is based on an assumption but you have nothing credible to dispute it with and if the choice is between you and greatly more credible source in those behind migration watch, guess what, it's not you I'm interested in.

Migration watch, of course being a right wing organisation wanting to reduce immigration.

You'll have to back that claim up. Just because mouth pieces suggest it doesn't make it so and frankly I've a lot more faith in those behind it than I do in you and your ramblings.

MigrationWatch UK is an immigration and asylum research organisation and think-tank, which describes itself as independent and non-political, but which has been characterised by some commentators and academics as a right-wing pressure group. It was founded and is chaired by Lord Green of Deddington, a former British ambassador to Saudi Arabia. David Coleman, Professor of Demography at Oxford University, is an honorary consultant.

From the article you linked to this is written:

As of last March, there were 600,000 people who should have left the country for whom there was no record of their departure.

You didn't even read the article you used to discredit the figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did I say that?
First thing you need to understand is method of entry and that people are counted in and counted out. So right away there are illegal migrants we know about.
If they're illegal and we know about them, why are they still here.
Or is our border force a waste of space?

Even if you're refused asylum you can claim:
Why are they not repatriated? Or is our border force a waste of space?

So an illegal immigrant can make a clandestine entry (uncounted),
Is our border force a waste of space?

disappear when claim is rejected (illegal again) and earn money cash in hand.

Every corner has a hand car wash these days. A lot more profitable when you're not paying tax on earnings.
Why does our border force not check these places?

If they're illegal and we know about them, why are they still here.
Or is our border force a waste of space?

Why are they not repatriated? Or is our border force a waste of space?

Why does our border force not check these places?

Yep. Typical Himmy. Can't win on merit so tries another line, in this case it's his attempt to beat me on an argument im not making.

I've not once commented on the removal rate so I've no idea why he's putting forward this question.

Sponsored Links
Granted one is based on an assumption
Exactly.
We don't know. It's guess work. The estimates are heavily weighted by the politics of the estimator.

From the article you linked to this is written:
600,000 for whom there is no record of their departure.​
But you have illustrated how the border force is not fit for purpose. (not my words BTW)

You didn't even read the article you used to discredit the figures.
Can you put me in touch with my late Gran?

But you have illustrated how the border force is not fit for purpose. (not my words BTW)

Again, no I haven't. I've not commented on removal rate or entry rate. No matter how persistent you are, it simply isn't there, him but dim.

I don't reject anything... Are you saying that from when they land on the beach to when they fasten the seat belt in the runway. They are not looked after

I don't believe you or that our country would not treat these people with dignity and care.

Can you tell me how many have landed on the beach? The numbers.

As to believing me? You really are in trouble if all you have to go on is beliefs. What did I post which was incorrect?

You must be a bit slow today - treatment of the Windrush generation, Detention centres. On the whole the treatment is humane but to say in all cases it is is factually incorrect.

Again, no I haven't. I've not commented on removal rate or entry rate. No matter how persistent you are, it simply isn't there, him but dim.
Do you understand the difference between illustrate and comment?
I can illustrate something without actually stating something.
For instance I illustrated that I think you are clairvoyant.
Can you put me in touch with my late Gran?
But I didn't actually comment on it.

I've just given you about 5 thanks for your comments because it proves beyond doubt that you are incapable of serious debate.
You are only capable of mindless abuse.
And you have all the deductive powers of a plank of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back