Buying British

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just given you about 5 thanks for your comments because it proves beyond doubt that you are incapable of serious debate.
You are only capable of mindless abuse.

I've just given him 1 thanks

For living up North

Sponsored Links
I don't reject anything...
I don't believe you or that our country would not treat these people with dignity and care.
That's not the same as receiving benefits.

Don't forget the discussion arose from Notch confusing asylum seekers with illegal migrants. (or denying that there was a difference.)
That discussion arose from the claim that UK pays the best benefits.
Which arose from the discussion that UK workers can't afford to work, but EU workers can.
Which arose from another discussion.
You see how the proponents of the rebutted arguments constantly change their argument.

Now what did someone say about those that keep changing their argument?
Changing the argument is another favorite way of you admitting you are wrong

Last edited:
Clearly some people like going round in circles.

Jason as apposed to fleeing horrors in a freezing dingy. Any help that get while they are processed is a benifit.

A warm bed, a hot dinner. Are benifits

Sponsored Links
Jason as apposed to fleeing horrors in a freezing dingy. Any help that get while they are processed is a benifit.

A warm bed, a hot dinner. Are benifits
Prisoners get that, but you wouldn't call that benefits.

What, straight away or if and when they find out they're here, if they find out they're here?
If they don't find out they're here, they can't claim benefits and they can't work in the official economy.

Talk about going round in circles!

Really? as apposed to bread and water Id call it a benefit
Do prisoners only get bread and water?
What century are we in?
Are they still chained to the walls?
I haven't noticed any prisoners in the stocks recently.

Do prisoners only get bread and water?
What century are we in?
Are they still chained to the walls?
I haven't noticed any prisoners in the stocks recently.

Jason they are still getting looked after.

If they don't find out they're here, they can't claim benefits and they can't work in the official economy.

Talk about going round in circles!

Well there's an estimated 1.1mil of illegal migrants living in the UK so they're getting on one way or another.

Well there's an estimated 1.1mil of illegal migrants living in the UK so they're getting on one way or another.
How do we know how many illegal immigrants there are, if they're illegal?
Who counted them?
Does it include the Windrush generation and others like them?

How do we know how many illegal immigrants there are, if they're illegal?
Who counted them?

The Definition of an Illegal Immigrant
Illegal immigrants are non-EU nationals who do not have the right to remain in the UK. They may have entered legally but have failed to return home when they were required to do so or they may have entered illegally in the first place.

First thing you need to understand is method of entry and that people are counted in and counted out. So right away there are illegal migrants we know about.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/illegal-immigration

Conclusion
18 The most recent estimate of 618,000 illegal immigrants in the UK severely underestimated the scale of illegal entry and overstaying. A more plausible figure is 1.1 million. The first results of e-borders later this year are likely to produce further evidence for such a conclusion.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/190

You can be here illegally and decide to claim Asylum, be it credible or not but just by doing so entitles you to claim benefits.

The only other way illegal immigrants can receive financial support in the UK is if they claim asylum and become asylum seekers - but the Library says this support is less generous than social security benefits. The support also isn't given because asylum seekers fail to find jobs, as they're generally not allowed to work.

https://fullfact.org/news/illegal-immigrants-cant-claim-benefits/

Even if you're refused asylum you can claim:

If you’ve been refused asylum
You’ll be given:

• somewhere to live
  • £35.39 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

So an illegal immigrant can make a clandestine entry (uncounted), claim Asylum (now counted), disappear when claim is rejected (illegal again) and earn money cash in hand.

Every corner has a hand car wash these days. A lot more profitable when you're not paying tax on earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back