Live within your means!

Sponsored Links
Apparently, "one squirt of fairy lasts longer than two cheapies".

The advert worked on me when I was young and vulnerable to suggestion :cautious:

I noticed that it's a bit more than a squirt of fairy these days. Something has been cut back

But they use 1.5 - 2kWhr so even at night 30-50p then the tabs are pricey at around 20p each.

using my electricity monitor, I can see that my dwr runs the 2kw heater for about 10 mins when it starts the hot wash, and about 10 mins when it starts the final hot rinse.

2kWh divided by 60 (mins) multiplied by 20 (mins)

is 0.7kWh (approx)

To wash 12 place-settings. Or more than a day's plates, cutlery, cups, pots and pans, including the grill pan or oven tray.

Aldi Magum all-in-1 tablets are a Which best buy. Costing just 7p a wash.
Lidl W5 the same.
Other supermaket brands similar price but not as good.

But it's OK, I know some people have an emotional dislike of dishwashers, despite their economy, labour-saving and improved hygene. Nobody is going to make you use one if it would make you unhappy.

I have never used my dishwasher, I use it as a cupboard. My ex used it a couple of times.

Sponsored Links
JD - interesting. I used tinternet for kW - is yours a more modern eco thing? Doesn't have a drier element as well?
The tabs we use are double that price. Finish something or other.

Just checked our machine:
1653177265998.png

The Eco programme is no good though, we have tried it. We use one hotter and longer.
It has a fancy zeolite drying system which may be free but leaves things drippy so the "extra dry" button gets pressed too, so it'll be over 1kWhr. I suspect 1.5kWhr would be right for us.

Good to see the cost isn't as high as maybe it was, or whatever , esp for those trimming power use. Washing up reminds me of being a student!

Not sure what has changed in w-up liquid. Remember the days when the cheap stuff worked really well but took the skin off your hands??
"For hands that do dishes are as soft as your face...Mild Green Fairly liquid...." Well whatever Fairy had, they all have now, because none of them is as good at cleaning motorbikes as the cheap stinky stuff used to be.

Mottie, the guy/gal has raised some very interesting and well followed threads. However, as I’ve said before in another thread, it would appear to some, myself included, that The Humanitarian/Samaritan is trapped in a miserable world and that his/her only only escape is in his/her own imagination on this and perhaps other forums. Walter Mitty and Forrest Gump were famous but fictitious predecessors.

Re dishwasher, I don't go for the fancy tabs or rinse aid and we don't need salt where we are.

I bought 5 litres of Jantex rinse aid for a tenner on Amazon. It's made for commercial dishwashers but it's great and works out a much better price than even the own label rinse aids. Plus, many shops only sell lemon flavour tabs or rinse aid and I hate that.

As far as tabs go, Aldi Magnum Classic tabs (none of this 2000000 in one business. Or, Asda cheap lsbel tabs, 4p each.

I don't have any issues with these cheaper products.

Sponsored Links
Back