Buying larger hedges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm finally getting around to replacing the blackthorn bushes out of the front of my house with some nicer hedges; however, the blackthorn provides a reasonable height (2m?) to screen the house from the road - I wondered if there was places that sold larger hedges (I've so far only found up to 3ft options) so that I don't have to lose a whole meter of cover whilst I wait for the hedge to grow (particularly as some of the hedges I am considering don't grow that fast!)

Thanks,
TFT

Sponsored Links
Now is the right time of year. To be honest you have little to no hope of getting blackthorn or hawthorn at any size. Its mainly used by farmers for 100's of metres of hedging at a time so the market is only for small 2 foot whips.

You should easily be able to get large bushy 6ft griselinia, common laurel and beech from any decent hedging supplier or even a local nursery (who may order it in for you).

You should also be able to get larger portugal laurel, photinia, holly etc but they will be harder to track down and probably a fair bit dearer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back