buying metal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some bits of metal for a few home projects. One is to rig some timber storage in my garage for which giant mechano would be ideal - a load of pre-drilled strips and angle iron etc.

The other is some fireplace shenanigans where I'd like some stainless steel sheet

Is there anywhere a hobbyist can get this stuff reasonably? Future projects may involve sheet copper, too.

Sponsored Links
For the garage you may be better off with something like Dexion which is a drilled/slotted metal angle used to make up shelving etc.

For the stainless look up stainless steel stockholders in your area, most will sell small amountsand cut to size.

The other option is a model engineering supplier as they tend to sell most materials in small quantities/lengths, have a look at College engineering who I use quite a bit.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back