what rcd device

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a metal garage 16 x 8 aluminium clad on angle iron and a wooden shed 8 x 6. The electrics installed consists of one spare run of 13amp house wiring cable supplying 1 double socket in each building. 5 amp lighting cable also supplies two lights.The supply point is from a kitchen 13amp double socket of which one section has been used to accommodate a hard wired connection with neon (on) indication similar to storage heater sockets that have an on/off switch. What rcd trip device can be fitted at the kitchen supply point. The wiring is not encased in electrical cladding or conduit inside these outdoor buildings.The wiring is protected inside plastic coated metal conduit from the kitchen to the garage and covered with 2" inches of concrete. These outbuilding are used to power a freezer some DIY projects drills jigsaws etc and grass mower.

Sponsored Links
I have a metal garage 16 x 8 aluminium clad on angle iron and a wooden shed 8 x 6.
First problem: Extraneous conductive parts.
The electrics installed consists of one spare run of 13amp house wiring cable
What size? 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.5mm, 4mm, 6mm, 10mm, or 16mm?
supplying 1 double socket in each building.
How does the cable travel between the buildings? Is it overhead? Underground? How is it protected from UV? How is it protected from physical impact?
5 amp lighting cable also supplies two lights.
Is there any fusing for this lighting supply? I'm guessing by "5 amp lighting cable" you mean 1.0mm² twin and earth.
The supply point is from a kitchen 13amp double socket of which one section has been used to accommodate a hard wired connection with neon (on) indication similar to storage heater sockets that have an on/off switch.
I gather from this outburst that you have a fused connection unit
MKK1040.JPG

next to a socket
MKK2757.JPG

They did something right then by supplying from a 13 amp fuse.
What rcd trip device can be fitted at the kitchen supply point.
There's much more to it than this.
The wiring is not encased in electrical cladding or conduit inside these outdoor buildings.
Electrical cladding???? You have no idea what images are running through my head right now.
The wiring is protected inside plastic coated metal conduit from the kitchen to the garage and covered with 2" inches of concrete.
Plastic coated metal? Please take a photo of this, because I've never heard of this.

I also suggest if you require any more assistance, you take photographs of the installation and put them in an album here (when you make a post, click "upload new images"), so we can see exactly what you are talking about. Please include a picture of your main fusebox and the box between the meter and the incoming cable.

Oh please use Imageshack, or Photobucket etc - anything except the execrable facility this site provides....

Sponsored Links
Oh please use Imageshack, or Photobucket etc - anything except the execrable facility this site provides....
I was keeping it simple! At least if he cant figure out how to get them into a post, we'll be able to see them! ;)

The wiring is protected inside plastic coated metal conduit

Doyou mean the cable is MICC?? Look up a picture of it or as has been suggested take pictures of the things you wish to discuss & post them here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back