buying tools from overseas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anybody know

....any websites or retailers based in the EU from which to buy power tools?

Next question would be....can you buy power tools from the continent and use them here.......would it be just a case of putting one of our plugs on it?

Sponsored Links
Most of the usual European countries - Spain, France, Germany, Italy - share the same voltage and frequency as ours.....230v, 50Hz.
Therefore you can use their power tools over here with the correct plug.
John :)

Couple of things. If you need to return it under warranty can you return it locally? Certainly with photographic gear the manufacturers can get funny about "grey imports"
Also if you cut the plug off and they were feeling awkward, I wonder if it would invalidate the warranty.

Sponsored Links
I bet they all come from bloody China anyway :p :p
John :)

my dewalt uk stuff comes from somewhere like slovenia
and the american stuff is mexico

if you apply the same training the same material quality same work ethics and the same quality control it matters not where you make things

if you apply the same training the same material quality same work ethics and the same quality control it matters not where you make things
In theory, yes, but try saying that to a DW rep when you've been denied a warranty claimon a tool manufactured in Mexico (18g nailer). It took two months to get them to admit that when there had been a shortfall in production in Germany they'd imported a batch :rolleyes:

Out of interest the nailers were originally made in Germany, Mexico and China (I have a German and a Mexican). My mitre saw is Italian. My one and only cordless is from China (and wasn't a grey import). I think it's the routers that come from Slovenia (Perles, who are owned bu the Turkish tool manufacturer Iskra)

they can often get confused themselves :D
i think the default is mexico = has been a customer usa import so not covered ;)
even iff the right hand dont know what the left hand is doing :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back