Buying windows online

Some interesting points raised there.

Also what about the possibility of being sued at a later date?
Maybe you miss a bit of toughened glass somewhere and a future owners kid cuts their arm open.
You don't bother with trickle vents and someone dies of carbon monoxide poisoning.
You miss a fire egress point and someone cant get out in a fire.
Someone trips over a non compliant threshold and breaks something.
Baypole jacks and spreader plates not fitted and a bay collapses.

All exaggerated and very unlikely to happen.
If a company did these things their insurance would have to pay out or they would probably just go into liquidation and liability ends but as a homeowner they could potentially try to take everything you own.

Sponsored Links
Some interesting points raised there.

Also what about the possibility of being sued at a later date?
Maybe you miss a bit of toughened glass somewhere and a future owners kid cuts their arm open.
You don't bother with trickle vents and someone dies of carbon monoxide poisoning.
You miss a fire egress point and someone cant get out in a fire.
Someone trips over a non compliant threshold and breaks something.
Baypole jacks and spreader plates not fitted and a bay collapses.

All exaggerated and very unlikely to happen.
If a company did these things their insurance would have to pay out or they would probably just go into liquidation and liability ends but as a homeowner they could potentially try to take everything you own.

commercial properties are completely different
you buy a property as seen warts and all if you have been told the truth then theres no comeback at all
if you ask the right questions its your problem if they tell the truth
and a dont know or as far as i know means further investigation needed if its important

If the job was done correctly, BC will certify retrospectively.
This whole certification business is not another EU versus poor UK secret infiltration mystery. If someone else checks on you after the job is done or you yourself have to certify, i.e. swear, the work was done correctlyyou provide a good or better result and maybe houses in the UK eventually become as good as say ??? german houses, swedish houses??? .... choose whatever.

Sponsored Links
Well this has got a bit heated. I have decided to use modernupvcwindows which will be delivered at the end of the week and fit them myself. Thanks for all your feed back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back