Buzzing and vibration from Gloworm Ultimate 40FF boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Over the past few days I've been getting a buzzing and vibration from my boiler whether it is in use or not. Hot water and central heating seem to fire up ok. On closer inspection the sound and vibration seems to be coming from the area of the PCB, something inside the plastic cover. Specifically it sounds like it's coming from this big black plastic thing. Not sure what it is or whether it is the actual source of the noise but I'm pretty certain.
New PCB time? It had the PCB replaced last year but I'm not sure whether this specific piece is replaced as part of that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike...

Sponsored Links
Just to add to this that the noise stops seemingly on its own after about 5 mins. It is very loud by the way.

Faulty pcb ( chattering relay) get a gas safe registered engineer to check the system over to make sure it's nothing else causing the pcb to buzz. The. He should be able to replace the pcb for you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back