Buzzing noise from dimmer - I have read up but cannot understand

Thank you, I've got some of these green ones to test. If they have a proven record of not giveing away noise at high wattage load, it will hopefully work fine

Sponsored Links
these modules are pretty good, and cover you for every eventuality
Not quite every eventuality. They are not suitable for loads below 60watts. Use a Varilight V-pro for low current loads (like LEDS)
According to Aurora (and from experience) they are fine with loads below 60 watts. The only mention of it in the information is 'derate dimmer by 70% when used with LED loads' which gives you a range of 18-120w.

The little potentiometer screw is somewhat fiddly, but I've managed to get them to dim 15w quite nicely.

That being said, the varilight is another good choice.

Sponsored Links
Varilight V-pro is my choice too, and they sell the modules on their own. These are silent. For such expensive dimmers they have used the cheapest dimmer modules you can buy.(n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back