Buzzing sound from Vaillant Ecotec boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was inspected about a month ago but tonight has suddenly started making a really loud buzzing sound (I could hear it in another room over the TV). It was on a timer so I turned the clock so it wasn't firing and after a while the buzzing stopped. I rang the guy who serviced it and he said he'd be out tomorrow and if it started buzzing again when it came on in the morning to turn it off. He thinks it's safe to leave as it is tonight (it's not due to come on again until 5am) and I've stuck a carbon monoxide monitor next to it just in case.

Just looking for any ideas as to what it could be and whether it's ok to leave it to come on in the morning?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Great thanks. It's not buzzing when the hot water comes on demand which I guess is promising. The only thing I did differently today is have to radiators on at a slightly higher heat than usual. Oh well - at least it's not freezing outside with the heating off.

Many dumb gas people change a buzzing gas valve only to find the replacement still buzzes!

Sounds like the bypass on the diverter valve. Winding in the screw one an a half turns should stop it. Also, do all your Rads have TRVs? If so make sure one is left on max ( the one in the room with your room thermostat - if you have one)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back