Bypass?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old (20yr) gloworm hideaway floor standing boiler coupled to a fully pumped s-plan sytem. The pump is on the return at the moment and i want to put it on the feed as it's a bit noisy.

It's a long story about a back boiler being removed and the feed and vent going to the old back boiler location rather than the main boiler. I wan't to re-instate an old feed and vent on the main boiler tappings, but i can't unless the pump is pumping out of the boiler rather than in.

The hot water primary is 15mm, the pump is on a 22mm. There is no bypass insalled at the moment. Due to this restriction, should it have one?

Sponsored Links
No as the boiler does not have a pump overrun, however it might be worth putting one in anyway as whewn you come to change the boiler the new boiler will need one.

If you do, make sure it is an automatic bypass to comply with current regs to future proof your system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back