C & G 2330 level Inspecting & Testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon all

I have recently attended a 2 day inspecting and testing session on the 2330 level 3

We we were asked to dead test and live test on a 3 phase motor , SWA supply to another CU, a FCU, a ring main, a 1 way and a 2 way lighting circuit and record our results on an Ethos test sheet.

My next session will be to test and fault find (the instructor will set up the circuits with faults on) and this is the reason for my post , I am wanting to find out what type of faults you guys would insert into a test rig if you were in the instructors situation. Im not looking for this info to enable me to go the the next session and expect to find these faults within 1 hr. I have my own test equipment so I am therefore wanting to practice before the next session and gain an understanding into faults I am likely to find and how I would resolve them.

Faults that I would think would be included would be incorrect polarity , closed circuits , nicks on the conductor sheathing giving low IR readings , breaks in a ring circuit.

Any input would be must appreciated

Cheers

Stephen

Sponsored Links
hi, waiting to start year 3 2330 just wondereing if you can give me a rough idea what year 3 covers?

Have just finished my 2330 level 2 and have been told by the lecturer that next term for the level 3 we will be dealing with,

1) Building Regs
2) Testing
3) Fault finding

very pleased to hear it was dreading more health safety and motors etc :O

Sponsored Links
Just 2 weeks off of finishing year3........ just the science multi guess to go hooray :D :D 3 years, 2 evenings a week, its been a long slog

We basically had three types of fault on the test rig, lack of continuity on various circuit conductors (no continuity of r1 etc), reversed polarity and IR faults either low reading or short circuits, watch out for 2 or more faults on one circuit.

If your looking at year3 heres some of what we have covered.....

Practical consists of fault finding, dead and live testing, cetificating, and that old favorite H&S.

Science covers lighting, power factor correction, transformers, magnetism (and lots of it), 3 phase, and lots and lots on motors......

Good stuff , I thought they would include continuity faults , maybe interconnections on a ring , reverse polarity etc all good stuff ,

Level 3 so far has been 3 phase , motors , testing testing testing testing which is good , it beats threading steel conduit :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back