C&K Securit 800L in 3-storey townhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alarm is by front door and needs setting/unsetting a.m. and p.m. So first thing/last thing each day, I descend 25 steps to the front door to set/unset the alarm. If by chance I forget to go down, the alarm goes off. I go up/down frequently, eg if I've forgotten something on the middle floor or need to change the central htg program etc. etc. - means a journey all the way down, halfway up, then down again and finally up to the top floor. What I would like advice on from someone who knows this sort of thing : is there a way to integrate cabling into the 800L system so that the alarm could also be set on the middle (or also top?) floor? OR do I need to change the system ? (I know you'll say it's old, but it functions well.) Do modern systems allow for setting/unsetting an alarm on different floors ? Or should I reconcile myself to the fact that the exercise is good for me, albeit a pain if I have to run up/down several times - it's ok when you are fit, but not so great if you are, for example, unwell or elderly.

Sponsored Links
New control panel plus extra keypads or ....search eBay for 800l keypad , they won't be cheap but may be the cheapest option !

Thanks Sparkymarka, that sounds like a great option, that I wouldn't have thought of, - if I can only find an 800L keypad. It solves the problem of going WiFI (which I heard on the radio ages ago has security problems) & would also continue to use the existing wiring - a great saving in time, effort & labour. Will come back to post if I find an 800L, as then I'll need an engineer (hopefully local) to sort it. Thank you again !

Sponsored Links
Found the eBay keypads : he has got 45 left at the moment, so I need to act pretty quickly. re: the panel having 8 zone lights - I've no idea, but attach photo, in case you can identify zone lights from it ... Hope this isn't taking too much time out of your day .... tx

Attachments

• ALARM 355kb  019.jpg
    ALARM 355kb 019.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 508
Following up: if (a) Sparkymarka can work out if my control panel has 8 zone lights,
(b) I can get hold of a keypad from Ebay can anyone suggest an engineer who lives/works near North Circular (Friern Barnet/Finchley) that they would recommend to carry out fitting as per my original email ?? tx enormously much

Yes it's an 8 zone ....AND get that battery replaced ...it looks to be 17 years old ! 12 years past it's replace date !!!!!!

Thanks Sparkymarka, I'll order a keypad straight away. Btw, the battery has been replaced - I did it myself approx. 2 years ago, after consulting people on this board. At the time I wasn't too sure I could get the new battery to work and didn't want to obliterate the note about the previous replacement..... Now that I'm confident it does work, I guess I should paint out that date & put in the date I replaced it ... in another 3 years' time it'll be due for another new battery !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back