Replacing Securit 800L Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The battery in our Securit 800L was last replaced 6 years ago and our alarm has started to sound when not set. It gives a tamper warning. I suspect it might need a new battery.

My question is how can I open the case without the alarm sounding? Is there a code that I can enter into the keypad?

Many thanks,

Mike

Sponsored Links
If you know the engineers code then that will silence the alarm when changing the battery.
If not then just open panel, enter user code to silence, swap out the battery and then reset the panel. Job done!

Many thanks for that The Pars. I entered engineer mode and it did the trick. I have ordered a basic new battery from Amazon.

If I leave the alarm in engineer mode will this prevent it from going off in the middle of the night?

Sponsored Links
I have successfully replaced the battery. Last basic question I hope. How do I exit engineering mode?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back