C & K securitech 800

Rew

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone can help?
I have a 800l alarm which all seems to work ok, but when doing a bell test the internal and external sirens do not work.
The internal siren is going off but very very low volume. I did change the siren for a new one but still the same.
any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Sponsored Links
hi thanks
its the speaker (next to the pcb) the wiring goes to the speaker + & - on the pcb.
so when open the cabinet door the speaker sounds but very quietly
I have fitted a new speaker

Sponsored Links
How old is the battery ? Check voltage readings at aux …should be around 13.8 v dc
post picture of pcb …

I have just replaced the battery. I did try turning the volume pot screw but makes no difference.
The AUX reading is 13.78v
1693515587027.jpeg

Ok all looks good …have you tried fitting the speaker direct to the panel ? Or have you tried down powering the panel …and powering it back up again ….?

To test external sounder remove bell trigger and touch onto 0v,does the bell ring ?.
Had a few old 700L where the speakers no longer work.
May be faulty speaker and sounder output.Time to look at changing control panel.

I have disconnected the battery and external fuse. is that powering down the panel?
just tried wiring speaker direct to pcb but still the same just very quite siren noise

Have you a multimeter.
What is the voltage between +12v and bell trigger when you do bell test?.

I took the blue wire for bell trigger out and touched the - black to the left but no external siren?
the strobe lights are flashing

the blue trigger wire has 8 volts all the time? when bell test stays at 8v the when the bell test stops it drops off to 2v then comes back to 8v

This would suggest that the external bell could be faulty and you need to check inside the bell box.
The bell test function would also suggest that the siren drive could be faulty also speaker drive could be faulty. Control panel therefore would need replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back