C&K securitech alarm system CO23-023 Iss.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Mother has the above alarm.
I need to install a new security light outside but, as soon as I turn off the electrics, the alarm kicks in which I presume is the anti tampering device working the way it should.

So, is there a way I can turn the alarm off so I can in turn turn the electricity off and install the new security light

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
if turning off the mains makes the external bell ring and the panel go dead, the back up battery needs replacing usually.

Thanks, I wasn't clear enough.

I meant that when I turn off the electricity at the mains, the alarm is triggered so the battery must be working.

What I would like to do is shut the alarm down completely so there are no alarms ringing for 10 minutes so I can rewire the external security light.

If you can advise how to do it that would be great.

Thanks
steve

No the battery in the control panel is NOT working it's designed to take over in a power cut .... Sounds like the battery in your bellbox is ok....

Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka.
Could the battery in the control panel be OK as I can enter in my Mums users code!
Maybe I have done things the wrong way around!

Maybe I need to turn off the electricity at the mains and then enter my Mums users code and reset the unit to stop the ringing?

Would that work or do I need an engineers code to stop the ringing?

Thanks

Steve

No power at panel = alarm from external bell (has its own battery)

So your telling me that you turn your mains off and the system goes into alarm, if the battery was working, turning the power off would not cause the system to go into alarm. You may get a warning tone. indication that mains is lost, if the battery is working.

It is possible that the system looks like its running, ie illuminated but the power left in the battery cant support the bell, the external bell then fires.(bell has its own battery), the idea being that if anyone cuts off your supply to the bell box it generates an alarm so you know theres something going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back