C plan to Y plan Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I could do some with advice on the following.....

I have a Boulter Camry Quartet Oil Boiler with a flow and return on the left side supplying the heating system via the pump. On the right side of the boiler is an additional flow and return to the gravity HW and I would like to convert this to standard Y Plan.
So my question is, does it matter which of the two boiler flows I cap off?
Also...can I keep both returns to the boiler (1 flow, 2 returns) after I cap off one flow or do I have to bring the heating and HW to the same return (1 flow, one return)?
I guess I could do either...correct?

Sponsored Links
The cold feed and vent (from F&E tank) are on the HW side at the entry and exit from the HW indirect cylinder

Sponsored Links
You indicated that you had a "C plan" system,
This would give you independent Time and temp control !!

You indicated that you had a "C plan" system,
This would give you independent Time and temp control !!

Well its almost C plan but has no 2 port valve (any Cyl stat) on the HW side so HW temp can only be controlled by thermostat on boiler

Hot water should be piped "First off...last on" so return can be joined at boiler. Pumping over is your biggest problem.
With no knowledge of your system it's hard to guess.

OK....so here is the current setup....its pretty basic.
IMG_20160615_163403.jpg

Easiest way would be to combine cold feed to existing expansion and fit a zone valve and pump to cyl return near boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back