Cabinet doors for a 600mm tall cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've decided to put up an extar 60cm cupboard in my kitchen but thinking the door size could be a problem because of how far out a 60cm door would swing. I'm wondering about using two 30cm doors instead, but this means there'll be a gap between the doors, so I'm worried that will look messy.
I can't see any designs were this has been done.
Has anyone done this and if so how did you resolve the gap between the doors?
or should I just stick with the standard 60cm door?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you can get two 300mm doors and hinge them in the middle.

or if using modern cab hinges, they have a lot of fine adjustment so you can get a nice gap.

Hi,

I've decided to put up an extar 60cm cupboard in my kitchen but thinking the door size could be a problem because of how far out a 60cm door would swing. I'm wondering about using two 30cm doors instead, but this means there'll be a gap between the doors, so I'm worried that will look messy.
I can't see any designs were this has been done.
Has anyone done this and if so how did you resolve the gap between the doors?
or should I just stick with the standard 60cm door?

Thanks
All doors have gaps or they won’t open .

Sponsored Links
you can get two 300mm doors and hinge them in the middle.

or if using modern cab hinges, they have a lot of fine adjustment so you can get a nice gap.

Thanks, think you hinge in the middle will work well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back