Cabinet for DOuble Under Oven...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'd like to replace my oven with a double under oven - the one i'm after is 72cm height. This is too big to fit in my current oven cabinet and I'm having trouble finding one big enough to house it. Homebase and B&Q have told me I don't need a cabinet, just a plinth to attach to the ovens' legs! Smeg have told me their oven DEFINITELY needs a cabinet!!

I'm in a bit of a pickle as to what to do...!

Shall I just:

1. take the top brace off the existing cabinet and lower the legs by 2cm thus allowing the oven to slot it...(the worktop would hide this?)

2. Build a cabinet myself from scratch

or

3. attach some brackets to the adjoining cabinets and slide the oven in on those?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Pete

Sponsored Links
If you google "double oven cabinet" there are plenty of results.

Im surprised there is such a thing, a double oven built under, would mean you were on your knees for the bottom oven unless both ovens are very small.
Or are you meaning a side by side oven?

Thanks for the replies guys.

jj4091 - tried that, still can't see one that'll suite - mostly brings up eye-level units.

Diyisfun - not side by side mate, one on top 'tother. Total height is 720mm so actually only 20mm bigger than standard base cabinets...
I guess going on bended knees would be required to get at the bottom oven but then if you want a double and can't put in an eye-level i think that's the price i'll have to pay.

Sponsored Links
Lot of installations I've been to to repair the ovens, there's no oven housing, just two metal rails screwed to two panels.
Basically, base unit plus end panel attached either side of where the oven is being fitted, two metal brackets running front to back, oven sits on these and slides in.

Thanks Sleepyhead, I've found a cab on Screwfix that I think may do the trick but if not I'm going to try track down the brackets as per your suggestion.

Cheers
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back