Problems Fixing a New Built Under Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a brand new built under double oven (Belling BI702FP) in my apartment. The oven works and is sitting on the brackets, however it's not secured to the housing or worktop. My previous oven had a metal plate attached to the top of the oven that screwed into the underside of the worktop, as there was no way to secure it to the cabinets themselves. Any ideas how I can secure the oven so that it doesn't want to slide out every time I open the doors?

Sponsored Links
Are there no recommendations in the instruction manual? Sometimes there’s screwholes in the left and right hand side of appliance where the door meets.

Nothing in the user manual that helps. As the other oven had the overhead plate that fixed to the worktop, there's no way of fixing either side of the oven to the cabinets. The whole face of the oven can fit into the cavity, rather than meeting the cabinets where screws would conventionally go

upload_2020-12-21_18-51-29.jpeg

Looks like 2 behind grill door and 2 behind oven door

Sponsored Links
Yes but as I say, there's nothing to screw them into. Essentially the housing is just to the right of those holes

IMG_5051.jpg

This is the best image I have as I'm not currently in the property. As you can see, there's nothing for the oven to attach onto on either side

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Is it a snug fit? Was thinking if there’s room, secure x2 end panels (1 either side) and you then have a fixing point.

There should be enough space to do so, that's the only solution I can think of right now. But I was hoping that there would be a plate that I could use similar the the one attached to the top of the old oven. Thanks for your help

Is it a snug fit? Was thinking if there’s room, secure x2 end panels (1 either side) and you then have a fixing point.
Correct.
If you don't want to buy full panels, just use some 18mm strips of timber (2 inches wide is plenty) screwed either side of the cabinet.
Then screws as per instructions to the front of the oven.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi did you manage to find any fixing brackets
As I have just purchased the same oven or did you use something else.?

Had a quick look at the manual, there in the installation instructions is this little gem:

Belling Installation.png

Note the sizes and colour of the screws "appliance to cabinet" which suggest to my mind trhat there is some form of flange plate at the front of the oven which you screw through into the cabinet sides. I've also worked with ovens where you put two or four screws through the inside wall of the oven itself into the adjioining cabinets (normally easily recognisable as there will be screw holes without screws in them). For black screws just use black drywall screws (note: these are Phillips screws, NOT Pozidrives - different screwdriver needed)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back