Cable Cutter Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping that some of you electricians could recommend a decent pair of cable cutters.

My needs are, single handed operation and can cut upto 25mm cable.

I currently run with a Will Tools pair, which I can't find anywhere otherwise I would have bought them.

Thanks

Jack

Sponsored Links
You needs cable droppers for 16/25 etc. You won't find a comfortable cover all sizes pair.

I prefer knipex, but you need to find somewhere that sells the original, not the inferior Draper remodel. Most wholesalers sell the replica. SF do them. They do two sizes, small are good for alarm/data etc, the larger for electrical work. Definitely want cropper for tails though.

The pair I use currently cut all the cable sizes I need, 25/16/10mm with ease, I don't think the company make them anymore

Sponsored Links
There's plenty of ratchet cable cutters out there, another option is the scissor type. I have some Irwin vise grip cutters, seem to work ok on 25mm meter tails.

love those cutters. they really are razor sharp (but don't try and cut the steel wire in flexi ducting with them)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back