Cable dimensions - hob, oven, extractor + accessories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Currently upgrading my kitchen and naturally leaving the pros to handle the electrics, new consumer unit etc. The sparky hasn't been assigned to the fitting team yet, and I want to get some of the new cable runs through now, leaving just the tails to be hooked up by the qualified expert in due course. I don't understand enough about diversity and ratings to safely determine the cables I can run through.

Q. To ensure compliance with the regs, can anyone please advise on the suitable cable to use for the following:

Induction Hob - Duel fuel (2 rings, + 2 gas rings) - both induction rings would be in use at the same time quite often.

Left ring front: Ø 16 cm, 1,4 kW,

Left ring back: Ø 20 cm, 2,3/3 kW,

Nominal load: 4,6 kW

Connected load: 2800 W

Nominal current of fuse: 16 amp

EAN code: 3838942702662

Length of run from main board at least 25 metres.
Off the same cable (within 3 metres of the hob) a junction box to supply 2 x low power LED lights and

an extractor hood, within ca.2 metres of the junction box :

Connected load: 190 W

EAN code: 3838942525865

--------------

Then a separate run of cable from the main board (replacing existing wiring) ca. 4 metres to supply:

A new oven:
Oven consumption (conventional operation): 0,87 kWh

Oven consumption (venting operation): 0,79 kWh

Connected load: 3300 W

EAN code: 3838942782534

with a junction box to supply a warming drawer:

Connected load: 400 W

Nominal current of fuse: 10 amp

EAN code: 3838942523922

Grateful for any advice.

Al

Sponsored Links
I want to get some of the new cable runs through now, leaving just the tails to be hooked up by the qualified expert in due course.
I'm afraid that isn't how it works.

The electrician signs a certificate to say that he was responsible for, and complied with the regulations in, the design, construction and testing.

He can't do that if he doesn't actually do the design (i.e. working out the cable sizes) and construction (i.e. installing the cables).

Grateful for any advice.
I advise you to involve the electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back