Cable for smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi would a 1mm cable do for a smoke alarm. Moved a light switch and left with the old cable which at one end would do for the smoke alarm position, I would wire the other end up as told to, just asking about the 1mm cable atm ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah fine ... Use 3c and e between smoke alarms, so they set each other off in a fire
You say "Yeah fine", but the OP was asking about using a no-longer-needed light switch cable, which will almost certainly be T+E.

However, nor did the OP say anything about there being more than one smoke alarm, so he may not need 3C+E to interconnect them.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Well the supply can be t&e
however further alarms should be 3&e
Just adding further info like ppl do on here :LOL:

Yea its unclear if the op has an offcut of cable or trying to connect to a light switch point

Move light switch and rewired it from new switch to jb at light with 3 and earth, so Left with the old drop cable to switch which I pulled up and left in hall ceiling which I am lowering. Other end of this cable has been disconnected in attic at the old jb so lying unconnected to anything.

if you are saying I can use this cable how would you connect it for power ?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back