Cable for wall mounted electric radiator too short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a wall mounted electric radiator, however the cable exit on the right hand side, but my electric socket is on the left hand side.

I opened the heater, but they have soldered the cable onto the heating element. So there is no way of removing the cable and replacing it with a longer one. It is frustrating, they don't put longer cable and let people cut it to size. The heater is 86cm and the cable is about 96cm. So only have 10cm cable on left hand side!.

I am wondering what is the cleanest and safest way of doing this?. Should I get a junction box to join two wires? The other option it to relocate the socket to the right hand side, but it will involved digging the wall and involved a lot of drama.

The radiator is 1.5kw and will be on for say 8 hours during peak winter.

Sponsored Links
BG458.JPG

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG458.html Any good ?

Sponsored Links
Nowt comes with much flex these days. Its expensive. In a world where everything is built down to a price.

I hope this isn't one of these ere miraculous electric "radiators" that supposedly cost less to run than equivalent electric "heater". It wont.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back