Cable grommets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I've drilled through my soffits to pass network cable through for a CCTV system and I'm struggling to find a grommet to fill the holes. The hole is 16mm, the cable is 3mm diameter, but I'd need to pass a 12mm connector through it so need something flexible not hard plastic and I'd like something black to match the soffit. Access is from the outside only so a top-hat style would be ideal.

I'm struggling to find something that will stretch over the 12mm connector but will form a reasonable seal against the 3mm cable. Can you get split grommets that wrap around the cable and thus avoid the need for the connector to pass through them?

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might find something suitable please?

If not, I guess I'll have to break out the silicon gun, but that seems a bodge (albeit one that will be 5m in the air so invisible to all except me).

TIA,

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just use black silicone sealant, no one will be able to tell the difference where it is.

Thanks all. I'll go with the blind ones and split to suit. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back