Cable Heat Resistance - Urgent

B

bobdabuildarrr

Try as I might to use BASEC's web site, I cannot work out the heat resitance of 6mm T+E PVC Cable.
My electric intergrated double oven states that the cable must be resitant to 85 degrees C.
I get conflicting advice from the cookers website and places like screwfix and here etc as to whether it is safe or not..... Some people say 6mm is ok, others say need heat resitant flex....
I have looked on the cable length, but can't find any hint of a temperature...

Current Wire grade is BASEC 6242Y BS 6004
Which is what I am about to start using....
I have to assume that the wire is in contact with the back of the oven....
So... the question is... Is my house going to burn to the ground after an hour of cooking? ;)

Any help appreciated...
Mark (aka Ginyarg)
PS Good site this.... shame I only found it AFTER I have nearly finished... oh well...

Sponsored Links
backs of ovens get hot but usually not THAT hot, heat resitant flex is made from butyl, don't think you are going to find it in 6mm, thousands of people have cookers and ordainairy (correctly sized) twin and earth

As I suspected, by the 'lack' of warnings anywhere else.
Many thanks for confirming it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back