Cable Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I have purchased some halogen spots from B&Q (Transformer Free). There are 5 lights and 5 Connectors, but the diagram shows one being wired to the light cabling but not how to connect all five.

I take it i just chain them and connect one on the existing light cable. Can anyone tell me which cable/flex is needed to connect them together

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Is this flexible? I tried with 1.5mm but it was too stiff to get two wires in the connector box supplied

Also, no earth connection needed

earth connection is required, since you may at some stage change the light fittings

Sponsored Links
What Breezer means is that you should keep the earth connections going, even though you're not connecting them to the lights, by joining them with pieces of choc-block. This means that the cable has a functioning earth conductor running through it, which could come in handy it it ever gets damaged, but mainly that the earth will be there to be used if ever you, or a future occupant, change the light fittings to ones which do need an earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back