Cable size for a 10.5kw shower

FWL_Engineer said:
We don't make HUGE amounts of money, but I make a living from Franklin-Wood and so do my partners.

Seems to the same through-out.....

We are currently accessing our fees to try and remain competitive, but as said its a hard game to play.

Our engineers are on different levels of pay and bonus according to qualifications and areas of work (security / testing etc)......I aint to sure what the average pay is for the Northwest area (JIB rates)

We have about 30(ish) engineers all with company vans and around 10(ish) young lads then the office staff

Just when I seen your rates I was suprised, I was expecting them to be more mainly of the North & South thing......and the area where you are based seems to be home of people with considerably more money than me :cry:

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately Ian, the more they have, the less they expect to pay for anything, especially quality service.

At this moment in time we are picking up about 4 jobs a week, call-outs, caused by a Polish spark (I use the description advisably) who has been doing "cheap" work in the area.

These people pay for a cheap, no VAT job, it's screw up, we come in and sort it, and they find they actually end up paying less in many cases, including the VAT!!

The problem is, as your aware, convincing people that they are not saving money by cutting corners!!

A constant bane, Jim.

As said before, the customer switches switch, light comes on - they care not (nor appreciates) what happens in between, and certainly don't seem to know or care about the difference between safety and fire hazard.

Even my daft Father-in-law did not realise I had to lift landing floor to fit wall lights in hall!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back