Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I’m looking to replace the wiring connecting from my internet inlet box (not sure what it’s called - pic1), with this larger connection point on the other end of the wiring?

Would someone please advise me where I could pick this up please, and what it’s called?

Thanks

IMG_0729.jpegIMG_0730.jpeg

Sponsored Links
you usally plug the filter into the openreach master socket and then a lead from the filter to the router
NOT sure what you are doing exactly, how connecting things

Best to buy ready made extensions unless you have the tools to makes the connections properly

The current set up is as below, pictured 1-4. Is there an easier way around this?

Many thanks

IMG_0731.jpegIMG_0732.jpegIMG_0733.jpeg

Sponsored Links
firstly, I presume you do not have any landline telephone equipment or extensions.

The BT box looks to be an Old 'Master' socket without filters built in. It should be screwed to the wall as I can see the wires in the cable in image '731 (pictured 1).
You have an after market extension cable with a flying filter plugged into the socket on that. The Roiuter is plugged into the filter but no telephone in the picture.

Now, like ETAF I'm not sure what you wanting to achieve - is it you wish to make the wiring fixed? You wish to move the Router? You wish to move the Master Socket to another location?

Do you know how soon and what form the move to 'Digital Voice' you will be offered will be?

Through your advice, the reason that extra cable is there is because there is no socket to plug the hub in to near the open reach socket so the previous owner used it as an extension.

Any idea what this cable is called so I can buy one, as it’s broken?
These are the two ends to it

image.jpg

Thank you so much @Diver Fred , that looks like the exact one I need.

My next question, sorry! I don’t have a telephone in the house and it looks like that’s a telephone extension cable, will that affect my internet connection?

Many thanks

No - the filter - the short extension you already have will plug into the extension cable as present.

If you need a new filter as well then they are also available.

It's an ADSL filter.

Search for that, seemingly the shop in the link I suggested doesn't appear to have such but at first search Toolstation has both.

Great thanks so much for your help, I’ve bought a 10m telephone ext and it’s done the job.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back