Cal Clear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
two years ago we had a problem with our heating and our insurers plumber told us it needed flushing.
We got a local plumber who quoted us verbally £300 to flush it and fit a magnetite and sludge filter.
The first time the heating was fired up it worked for 20 mins and then no heat to the rads.
The guy who owned the company sent out another firm as he was busy and then turned out two hours later and finally got it working,telling us that the sludge had blown through and blocked the valves.
He then sent us a bill for £840 but after negotiation reduced it to £670 saying that he had not given us a direct or written quote but through his wife over the phone.
Long story short the system he fitted is now leaking and I am now trying to trace a seal kit for it .Its a Cal clear magnetite and sludge filter.
Does any one have a clue where I can get one in the Boston Lincs area as every merchant I have tried have never heard of it.
Many thanks :rolleyes: :?:

Sponsored Links
Another extortionate price for a powerflush and a filter. I should come out of retirement and do one a week. Easy money!!!!

Sponsored Links
Another extortionate price for a powerflush and a filter. I should come out of retirement and do one a week. Easy money!!!!
The guy quoted us 300 originally but we were told afterwards even that was steep
well they were wrong, £800 yes expensive £300 very cheap if its done properly
Apparently not that cheap when the guy used a unit that was withdrawn from use some time before he did the job as I have now been informed .
no replacement units that fit the pipework he fitted so it looks like getting some braided hose and a new unit.
Any ideas which unit might be suitable and price wise economical as I have been told about £200 to fit a new one by another contributor.
many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back