calculating number of brick required....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking on the net for a calculater for working out how many bricks you need when building walls...

So far i've found 60PSqM for single, 120 for double. This assumes a standard stretcher bond. Does anyone now what the number would for Flemishor flemish garden wall bond? (double thickness).

P.S. I'm not a bricky.

Sponsored Links
Are you using face bricks or commons on the rear face? If you are using all face bricks its the same as a double wall.

Face bricks are more expensive bricks which are seen. Commons are cheaper and usually hidden. Sometimes the back of a garden wall is built with these to save money, especially if it will be hidden with plants.

Sponsored Links
Arr!, cheers that makes sence - And i learnt something useful - cheers!

I guess in responce they'll all be face bricks, although the lower couple of courses, will in fact be hidden as on one side the ground is actually higher (hence the wall), but the bricks will hopefully all be reclaimed from a friends old garage which they're taking down to build a new house on. They're going to let me take a load away in exchange for helping them take it down. they're really nice old bricks, so i couldn't let them go to hardcore! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back