Decorative Garden Wall - Pier Placement Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all!

We want to build a decorative garden well which will enclose our decking (which will be put in after)

It's gonna be one brick (i.e., two leaves ) and somewhat rusticy so I'm tempted with flemish or garden wall bond.

My query is pillar locations, really. I've made a very very crude picture to give you an idea:

VdvFNrg.png (911×626) (imgur.com)

I don't want too many pillars else it'll be more pillar than wall, especially on the return at the top right - so, I guess the first question is does a double thickness wall *need* pillars?

And where would you put some in? I'm thinking just on the "entrances" at the minute

Sponsored Links
If it's not going high, just put some 1.5 piers at the opening so it looks better.

Sound, that's basically what I was thinking. And yeah, not high, or retaining anything it's purely decorative - probably knee high basically

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back