Unusual brick bonds.

Sponsored Links
i think the emphasis is on how a wall is finished at the top these days particularly on walls of a metre high or so.

blue brick soldier headers with tile crease looks nice as does an edgeways-flatways alternate combination using solid blues.

brickwork_brickonedge_large.jpg

whatever you do dont oversize the piers in relation to the rest of the wall. it can look way out of scale and ahem.....crap!

Aqua said:
This might be one for noseall.

I am going to build a garden wall
is there a more unusual brick bond
:
rat trap ;) must be a pic. somewhere on the net :confused:

Sponsored Links
Rat trap is similar to flemish in appearance, only the bricks are laid on edge. The bricks need to be solid, and wall should be a brick and a quarter thick to get the bond accross the wall width.

As to the original question, more can be done by the pointing method, mortar colour or by adding feature bricks or courses, than by merely selecting a brick bond

Colour picture of rat trap bond.

450px-Rat_trap_bond.jpg

As to the pointing, colour and feature bricks woody, i know what you mean, however i will need to decide which bond to use as a start point :LOL:

I worked with a local builder for some years, but we only used standard bonds and a lot of stone work, hence the question about something different ;)

I must have been thinking of quetta rat-trap, which is 1 1/4 bricks thick :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back