Calibration frequency

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

How often should testing equipment be calibrated, i dont know whether the frequency varies depending on which organisation you are registered with on part p if this makes any difference i plan to be with niceic.

Thanks Ricky

Sponsored Links
The norm would be every 12 months, unless it is subjected to an abnormally high work load, in which case it would be every 6 months.

You should also check the equipment yourself every week and record the results, paying attention for any variation in the results.

AIUI the only "should" will be the one imposed by your scheme organiser.

There's no specific regulatory interval, so if you get or make a check box, and start logging the readings off that after the initial calibration then you don't need to have recalibration done unless the results start to wander.

But if your scheme says every 12 months, or requires a current calibration certificate and that only lasts 2 years then you'll have to go with whatever they want.

PS - have you asked around about NICEIC? It seems to be the least well regarded of the lot.

Sponsored Links
The NIC will give you a different answer every time.

Last year's assessor, said "I see you check monthly, don't need to do that, suggest you go every 3 months and if readings vary, send it off to be recalibrated"

This years wanted me to check it every week!

Pah

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back