Call me stupid but I have a easy question....maybe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to install a Hasgrohne Raindance shower onto a partition wall.

This is an example of what I'm about to install:

U-A3218.jpg

Now, after reading the few topics on how to supprt this, I've came up with a way.

The question I have is that if I was to use a 1/2" BSP elbow and install the shower bar (some 350mm long, with a bend on the end), wouldn't the end of the thread determine where the compression fitting for 15mm pipe will end up?

17718.gif

Say, I want in a perfect world, the compression fitting to face vertically down and the 1/2" BSP to be horizontal. And the shower rose bar to have the rose facing downwards.

Can this be done?

Will this also require an olive installed between the elbow and shower rose arm?

Sponsored Links
You can either use jointing compound or ptfe or loctite 55, which I prefer. Wrap this around threads and tighten until fairly stiff and pointing the right way. With the loctite you can also back off the thread a little as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back