called ariston!!! but still got problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, im still not having much luck on a ariston euro combi a23mffi.
it is my own boiler so im not getting any pay on this as others in the forum have refused to help thinking i am on a paid job.

ok whats happening hot water runs cold after a minute, on inspection boiler has flamed out and relights itself a mintue or two later so the dwh diaphram was changed. the needle is making the switch and the switch works fine but problem continued.

ariston say this is an air pressure switch problem, which it has been changed and venturi cleaned out whilst at the same time the elctrodes was cleaned. ariston say if it was a circulation problem then the fan and pump would not run during the time it is flamed out.

during the cleaning of the detection electrode it was noted that either the spark generator or gas valve in which it is attached made clunking after which the boiler lit first time and stayed in flame moving to high flame and low flame instead of high flame to no flame, thought to be fixed but not.
today we are back to hot water running cold again.

had an rgi who has not been able to identify the problem as boiler passed on what was being tested.
over heat stat measured 3Holmes
air pressure switch blown into tube and replaced regardless tubes clear as to with venturi
fan operational
pump operational
dwh diaphram operational
3way valve operational
main temp probe on 3way operational(supplys only temperator gauge lights)

as i say during cleaning the detection electode my finger made contact with the burner in which interfered with either the spark generator or gas valve which a clunking noise could be heard not sure whether that is normal or not.
ariston say not circulation
tested what can be tested
replaced parts irrespective as they are likely to deteriate.

im lost with it all now so is an rgi who has helped where he could.

anyone got any ideas....no abuse please and sorry for havign to repost on the same matter as last

Sponsored Links
thanks gordan
before i change it, i will ask

if a system has been leaking and topped up regular could it or is it even possible an airlock could be the problem or should i just stick with changing it or should it be powerflushed first

thanks for your advice its appreciated alot

if a system is topped up regular you introduce a lot of air into the system ,this causes corrosion and therfore restrictions in the pipework ,heat exchangers

Sponsored Links
It has all the hallmarks of a poorly installed boiler and subsequent poor maintenance.
Things I would expect here include:
Sludged up (as always)
Sloppy electrics.
Diverter not working properly.
Gas pressure values incorrect.
System not balanced.

All of the above apart from the balance could contribute to the symptoms you have.

well i aim to bring it to reasonable condition, yeah it was badly installed ive repaired leak after leak after leak weekly visit to the loft to top it up then retrace further leaks on valves and pipes but what can i expect for a cash in hand job. didnt notice ssymptoms to much as i say boiler is in the loft so symptoms go unnoticed until its to late or percevered with thinking it was just the divertor playing up.

ill organise a powerflush and see if any improvement is made cheers guys
youve been a real help

sorry but these are the only boilers i've ever given up on. technical help line from ariston always results in being to to replace the pcb. which has never solved the problem. utter ****e. best you can do is just rip it off the wall and put a decen tboiler in.

do ariston have a free post address? if so put a label one the ex boiler and send that ****er back.

Cash in hand doesn't necessarily mean poor work, cheap price with cheap stuff with unreg installer normally does though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back