Calling DP - Vokera Boiler Questions :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DP

I was wondering if you could help me ?

I note that you are very experienced with Vokera boilers – I have a Vokera Excell 80SP.

Q1.

The boiler seems to be fine, however it does a couple of peculiar things which I was hoping that you would be able to explain :)

I have recently noted that when the CH temperature dial is turned to the maximum, that the boiler initially seems to work fine – the pump runs and the burner initially goes to high flame before dropping back to low flame when the radiators are hot.

However after a while the burner starts to go on and off at low flame, but the temperature of the radiators drops to a noticeably lower temperature. This issue is intermittent – when it happens it seems to be cleared by switching the boiler off at the mechanical clock for 60 seconds and then back on.

I since have turned back the CH temperature dial back from the maximum setting, and found that the issue does not seem to occur ?

It is as if the boiler perhaps overheats and goes into a safety mode, however, from what I can see, there is no mention of this in the installation instructions ?

I was wondering whether you had experienced something like this before ?

Q2.

The boiler produces a good supply of hot water, however I have found that the hot water is definitely hotter when the central heating system is on.

Each year I have had the large diaphragm 6872 replaced. I have learned that Vokera do a kit T0019 ( please see below ) which contains the large diphragm 6872, however the engineers who have serviced my boiler over the years have never used the T0019 kit. I was wondering if you might be able to explain why ? I am just curious :) what the other smaller diaphragm and other parts do as they have never been replaced ?
Vokera Kit.PNG

Does this sound as if the diverter valve is passing ? Is this normal / to be expected ?

All the best.

Sponsored Links
if you have poor HW and the CH pipes are getting hot with a hot tap open you use the T0019 kit to service the diverter valve , doubt this is your problem though.
As for Q1 first thing to try is the primary thermistor

Sponsored Links
Boiler getting on a bit..Why waste your money to get at most few years more.Replace it.few grand.no parts or labour for next 10years..Believe the expression is "NO brainer" unless its your hobby,digging around in old combi boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back