Calling ianmcd and DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents

I hope that you are both well :)

I have been in touch with McCombi to arrange a full service, and he is going to get back to me when he can as he is very busy, however in the mean time I have another Vokera Excell 80SP question which I would like ask you.

With the CH running normally, I note when I just touch the CH dial on my boiler, with a feather like touch, I see the flame pulse down through the glass window - when I remove my finger the flame goes back to the previous level. A slightly heavier touch and the boiler shuts down for the 3 minute period. I have tried this a few times and every time it is the same.

I think that there may well be an issue with the PCB - based on this description would you agree ?

I have a spare pcb which was left behind after the last time that the pcb was replaced. This pcb has a fault - it was not possible to control the CH temperature - it was always at maximum.

I have found companies on line who can repair / refurbish boiler pcbs and I just wondered if you had any experience of using refurbished pcbs ? These companies seem to be familiar with the pcb 8173 from the Excell 80SP and offer a 1 year guarantee.

My plan is to get it repaired / refurbished so as to have a spare just in case it is needed.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
why are you touching the dial ? if the boiler runs ok leave the dial alone , moving the dial in any way when the boiler is running will have an effect the pcb will react, just leave the controls to do their job

Hi many thanks for your reply.

I am having a problem in that the CH will not run at the high temperature - as a result the radiators are only warm to the touch, rather than hot.

Sometimes they are hot, but not often. It just so happens that I found that the CH control knob was super sensitive and before I could even turn it one direction or the other the boiler would shut off for the 3 minute period.

It just seemed as if there was a problem with the CH control ?

Cheers

As you touch the dial the boiler will sense it and go into a delay mode , same will happen when you open a hot tap, no matter how small a time for, turn the dial to a position that you are happy with and leave it alone, you are creating complications that do not exist, and if you need to rinse a cup or whatever use the cold tap and not the hot one

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back