Calling Ianmcd :) Vokera Excel 80SP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ian

I just wanted to say thank you once again - you were spot on about the pin on the flow switch. In the short term I applied some silicone lube to it and it is fine for now.

I have been in touch with McCombi regarding getting a full service done.

In the mean time I have another quick question !

With the CH off, when I run the HW the flow and return pipes at the bottom of the boiler become hot which suggests that hot water is circulating around the CH system, albeit the radiators are not hot to the touch in the way that they are when the CH is on ?

Might these pipes simply be getting hot due to the thermal conductivity of copper / metal when the HW is running or could hot water actually be circulating ? I was expecting them to be cold to the touch when the CH is off.

Many thanks once again.

Sponsored Links
There is a diverter valve service kit part Number T0019 if you mention it to McCombi I am sure he will fit it for you , not a huge job, you have a decent old boiler, that if serviced properly will outlast some of the newer boilers, I have a few that I look after and they are like new, there is another fault which can cause the fault you have, its called a fulcrum disc and sometimes they can wear a hole in them but not that common

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back