Calling Your Bank

B

Brigade77

You would think, that now almost everyone uses online banking, that it would actually be a far easier & more tolerable experience calling your bank to sort out one of THEIR mistakes.

Sponsored Links
Can you elaborate?

Certainly, I am as you all well know, always at your command Sir.

Sent No'2 daughter to bank with £3500'ish in cash. Apparently Covid is to blame for her 3/4hr wait, 20mins of which was outside in the rain.

"Why the long wait" I ask? "Because they let the old people jump the queue & old people don't use the internetties for ANYTHING do they".

Due to Covid they can now justify 6 staff milling around (Covid marshalls, see) with only 1x behind the counter. You would think they'd put their finest & fastest in the hot seat . . . . Nay, nay & thrice NAY. They puts their idiot there, the one that everyone avoided before all this nonsense when they used to have as many as 3 seats filled.

Now Dork understands & has an appreciation of most things in this modern world, Dork can understand that the banks make so little profit that they simply cannot afford quality personnel to staff the dwindling number of their branches. Dork understands that sometimes you will have to queue & occasionally you will have to be mis-served by an idiot.

But this involves £3.5k+ of hard £cash, paid in over the counter, which should appear on the balance almost instantly. When it doesn't . . . Then Dork wants to know why. So you phone your bank up don't you? & you would think . . . . Go to my first post.

Sponsored Links
Let's hope offspring No. 2 got a receipt......

I have known cases of the bank not issuing a receipt for cash and the deposit does not appear.....

What annoys me is the bank always ask me if I want a receipt. "Err yes!" It's not like you've just bought a paper!

Back