Camera and Wiring

T

Tarquin1985

Hello, I have removed a camera from a drone which I found in a tree. The drone was no good plus I don't have the handset but hoping that I can make use of the camera.

I have attached pictures, does anyone know how to make this camera work by attaching a battery directly and which wires I should connect etc? Ideally I'd like to completely remove the main circuit board from the drone as I doubt it's needed and I imagine that in there is an on and off switch for the camera which would have been activated from the handset.

The battery which I think is completely unusable was 3.7V.

The green, black and white wires are the wires which feed from the drone circuit board to the camera/camera connection.

309901_1.jpg

309901_2.jpg

309901_3.jpg

309901_4.jpg

Sponsored Links
The 2nd pic- have a read of the symbols on the main card where the cables for the camera connect (remember to check both sides of the card). Looks as if black is marked V+ but hard to tell for sure and can't see any other markings at that connector

With 3 wires you've got limited choices anyway- 1 will be ground, one will be V+ (or maybe V-), one will be signal. The fur on that card indicates it's been in the tree for a while so won't be a surprise if it doesn't work. Strap a pair of AA batteries together in series & have a go if you like....you'll need a composite video monitor (ideally one that can switch between PAL and NTSC) to have any hope of getting pics out of the thing, if it was designed for live transmission & the encoder, modulator etc is on the camera card then you might be out of luck.

Enjoy

Many thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that it does say V+ next to the blackwire. So would you suggest removing the wires from the drone circuit boards and then connect the batteries direct or connect the batteries through the original connection?

With being able to identify the V+, is it just a case of trying the other two wires to find which one is the negative?

It has a micro SD card slot, so do you think it will record the footage directly to it and then play in my PC from the micro SD card?

Again, many thanks.

The chances are that the third wire is a bi-direction control mad signal wire amd without the correct commands the camera will not produce any video output.

The ribbon cable suugests that the camera head can be rotated relative to the main board. ( is there a motor and gear box hidden in that black moulding ) which would also require commands from the main board.

Use the SD card holder pinout and a continuity tester to identify the power supply tracks and connections to the main board / 3.3 volt supply

0x46.jpg

Sponsored Links
Was it yours?

Yes or no?

Simple question, even for you, surely?
What's your solution to finding the owners of a cheap drone which has been sitting in a bush for six plus months? Put up a notice in the local area? Take it to a police station? Create a Facebook group? Knock on local doors? Or, you can come here and resolve the issue and find the owners as you clearly have nothing better to do than type dribble on this forum! After sending 66,391 messages, looks like you could do with a day away from your keyboard, it will probably be an exciting day for you - I'm a realist and have better things to do than to send 66,391 messages on a forum!

Sorry to anyone who is reading this but this guy clearly has nothing better to do than type pointless remarks on a forum so he can create some excitement in his life and wait for the replies to come in from the dribble he writes. I probably shouldn't have bit at his remarks. Maybe someone should get the popcorn.

Ah, didn't notice the SD card holder. As someone else said, in that case good odds the 3rd wire is indeed a command wire rather than carrying signal- low odds the camera will just start when you apply power but give it a try and see what happens (that's how much learning happens).
If you can find any make/model ID on the camera you might get lucky and find the spec sheets on t'interweb somewhere which should give the timings and states for the camera commands- trouble with stuff like this is the state of the art is changing every 3 months so you might be searching for a while. In Taiwanese or Chinese archives :)

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see what happens. Not much other information about the camera can be found. It's looking as though it could be destine for the bin.

Tarquin, save yourself the bother posting links about BAS.
We all know how you feel :)

What's your solution to finding the owners of a cheap drone which has been sitting in a bush for six plus months? Put up a notice in the local area? Take it to a police station? Create a Facebook group? Knock on local doors?
I believe that he law says you just leave it alone (as it is not your property) or you take it to a police station.

But then you don't think the law applies to you, do you.

Or, you can come here and resolve the issue and find the owners as you clearly have nothing better to do than type dribble on this forum! After sending 66,391 messages, looks like you could do with a day away from your keyboard, it will probably be an exciting day for you - I'm a realist and have better things to do than to send 66,391 messages on a forum!

Sorry to anyone who is reading this but this guy clearly has nothing better to do than type pointless remarks on a forum so he can create some excitement in his life and wait for the replies to come in from the dribble he writes. I probably shouldn't have bit at his remarks. Maybe someone should get the popcorn.
What a sad person you are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back