Using light ring to power CCTV cam

I have no way of accessing the wires without moving furniture, lifting carpet, lifting floor boards..etc.

In that case, move the furniture, and lift those carpets and boards.
It is often harder to do a job properly than bodge it. That's life.

Sponsored Links
Winston, perhaps you would answer my question.
It is obviously beyond Watson.

Would you like to state why it is not acceptable? Regulation? Danger?

What is a lighting circuit?

Do you think it acceptable to connect three (or more) 13A sockets to a 32A circuit?

Perhaps it would be useful if the two Ws could complete the following table for us, with a brief explanation of the entries:

NUMBER OF BS 1363 OUTLETS ALLOWED ON THE FOLLOWING CIRCUIT TYPES:

• 16A radial ______
  • 20A radial ______
  • 25A radial ______
  • 30A radial ______
  • 32A radial ______
  • 30A ring final ______
  • 32A ring final ______

Sponsored Links
Guys: please, put up or shut up.

Is that comment aimed at me?

I don't respond to demands from BAS, the head mistress or any one else for that matter. Imagine the same thing happening in a pub, not that she's ever been in one. But you obviously enjoy stirring things up.

This post is all about whether it is acceptable to connect a 13A s/o to a 6A radial circuit. She says it is but doesn't list 6A circuits in her list of demands. So its BAS that needs to put up, why does she say it's acceptable.

Every qualified spark here knows what is acceptable regarding this scenario.

We can explain our reasoning. Indeed we have, on at least one occasion.

You need to be able to explain to us, using the regs where necessary, why it is not.

If you can't, what does that say about your reasoning?

But you obviously enjoy stirring things up.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing, along with the other chap, by filling many threads with your unsubstantiated theories?

Last edited:
Is that comment aimed at me?
You are one of the two idiots to whom it is addressed.

I don't respond to demands from BAS, the head mistress or any one else for that matter.
Indeed you don't, but that is because you are a liar, and you are stupid.

This post is all about whether it is acceptable to connect a 13A s/o to a 6A radial circuit. She says it is but doesn't list 6A circuits in her list of demands. So its BAS that needs to put up, why does she say it's acceptable.
You are starting to become incoherent.

I'll substitute some actual example names for some of the words in what you wrote - let's see if you realise why it is so nonsensical:

This post is all about whether it is acceptable to connect a 13A s/o to a 6A radial circuit. Janet says it is but doesn't list 6A circuits in her list of demands. So its John that needs to put up, why does Janet say it's acceptable.

You have to substantiate your argument against what we are saying or you cannot expect to be taken seriously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back