Cameron attacks terror 'security failings'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the Government doing enough to fight Islamic extremism or protecting the country from terrorism?
Mr Cameron criticised Tony Blair's administration for a series of failings on national security. He said an apparent attempt by "alleged British-born Islamist terrorists" to blow up passenger jets was "deeply shocking" but "not surprising".
well it seems that most people agree with him despite his massive forehead and nasty little mouth but at the same time their all whinging about not being able to take hand baggage, etc. on flights, so what are we saying here? your not doing enough to stop the terrorists blowing up planes but its ok to take bomb making stuff on your flight.

20060815123409990013.44e1f7e1-00251-04ac7-400cb8e1

Sponsored Links
As he's not in power, he has the luxury of being able to criticise and whine, without any risk of actually having to do anything himself.

Reminds me of a cat when you stroke it. Can't think why :LOL:

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
As he's not in power, he has the luxury of being able to criticise and whine, without any risk of actually having to do anything himself.

Who is actually in power though??? :LOL:

that cake bearing grinning idiot that lots of people voted for and are now denying it!

No government is serious about flight safety whilst they let lap-tops be taken on board. What are they? A box full of wires and batteries with covenient spaces to hide cemtex. In other words they are Airfix bomb kits.

The trouble is, what ever you do to make things more secure will be an inconvenience and the more inconvenient our lives become because of it the more the terrorists are winning. :rolleyes:

Richardp said:
The trouble is, what ever you do to make things more secure will be an inconvenience and the more inconvenient our lives become because of it the more the terrorists are winning. :rolleyes:

If its true and I've got my doubts. Funny how "incidents" seem to conveniently happen from time to time, just to make sure we don't forget. I don't doubt these things happen but it may be no more than a few people joking in the pub.

Have any of these alleged terrorists or plotters been charged yet?

Perhaps Tony and George are still trying to justify Iraq?

Richardp said:
So in the end we all convert? Is that what your saying? Or are we just too spoiled nowadays and find everything an inconvenience?
Like everyone wants to have proper reception on their mobiles everywhere, but everyone protests when planning applications are brought in to put a mast in their village, neighbourhood.

paulbrown said:
Have any of these alleged terrorists or plotters been charged yet?

Perhaps Tony and George are still trying to justify Iraq?
This is my guess too, I think Blair & Bush are trying to justify for their actions for killing over 140,000 civilians in Iraq all because Saddam didn't tell them whereabouts of the WMD that they didn't have. Saddam is on trail which could lead the death sentence and why isn't Blair & Bush be tried as a war criminals for killing 140,000 civilians in Iraq :?:

And they were no tanks at the airport this time or was unvailable and yet Blair knew about this security risk 48 hrs before his freebie holiday, not much of a leader when he got out of the country just in time.

Blair has made the UK people a dangerous place for terrorists. :evil:

Oh and nearly all the MPs are already off on their long summer holiday, don't worry Prescott can handle it :cry:

How can anyone vote for New Labour now :?:

WoodYouLike said:
Richardp said:
So in the end we all convert? Is that what your saying? Or are we just too spoiled nowadays and find everything an inconvenience?
Like everyone wants to have proper reception on their mobiles everywhere, but everyone protests when planning applications are brought in to put a mast in their village, neighbourhood.
yes we are just too spoiled nowadays and find everything an inconvenience and your dead right about the mobile phone masts too.

masona, I reluctantly agree with you, the problem is who the hell do we vote for? their all tarred with the same brush :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back