Camping Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am buying a gas stove for camping.

Do I buy the refillable 907: £20 for 2.75kg of gas

Or the disposable canisters 3.52kg for the same price?

Obviously, getting the 907 means buying dearer kit but it will last better. However, the canisters are cheaper, if we don't camp a great deal.

Is it a no-brainer, or should I get the better kit & plan for a future where we may camp more?

Sponsored Links
Its a wonder you're able to get dressed in the morning securespark! :mrgreen:

You're a love - thanks for your concern!

How often will you camp and for how long and what will you be running off the gas?

Well, this is the issue...not much initially (2-3 times a year), but if we (and the boys) enjoy it, we may go for weekends away.

The gas will only be used for cooking.

Sponsored Links
Get the 907. The disposables don't last long and they are more liable to puncture (I know it's unlikely, but it does happen).

Yep, I'd use the 907 (I have one in my folding camper), your gas costs will go down after your initial outlay as it is refillable. It also holds value as you can even sell it when empty...

My gas costs won't go down.

£20 will buy me 2.75kg in a 907.

If I buy A4 canisters, £20 will buy me 3.52kg

BUT, if I buy the 907, I have a wider choice of stoves.

With the canisters, I'm limited in terms of quality and features.

Just double-checked the price of a 907 refill and it's just gone down to £17.....no doubt in an hour it'll be back up... :rolleyes:

Even so, canisters are still cheaper.

Take your point that 907's are stronger though.

Not sure what to do now.

I can hear FMT chuckling.

Stop faffing about and get the 907! It is also more compact than all the disposables you will buy!

Tomorrow, its shoe laces! :mrgreen:

Choosing new ones or doing them up? ;)

Stop faffing about and get the 907! It is also more compact than all the disposables you will buy!

Mrs Secure has decreed that we will borrow some kit before we buy any.

However, I've found a bundle on Halfords where you get a canister-powered stove + a canister for less than the price of a stove... don't know how they work that out... so I'm going to invest in a couple (£18.00) and see how they perform.

Sponsored Links
Back