Camray 5 - BOILER OVERHEAT/LIMIT THERMOSTAT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had the boiler serviced on Friday by a new engineer because the other guy has retired. The new fella fitted a new nozzle, cleaned it out etc. He also reset the boiler using a little computer that I have never seen the previous engineer use.

Yesterday we noticed that the boiler had not started up as it should and on checking the boiler overheat/limit thermostat light was on so after reading the manual I pressed the reset button under the control panel and all was well.

This morning the light is on again. I have searched here and more widely on google but can't really find anything relating to this. The new fella said the thermostat dial was set too high so he turned it down. Therefore is it just a matter of turning it up again?

I don't want to call him back unless I really have to.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Follow the capillary from the back of the thermostat and make sure the bulb is in the pocket on the waterjacket. If he turned it down and it is overheating, then turning up is unlikely to help. It is possible that if the knob has not been moved for a long time it has upset the unit and it may need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back