Camray 5 oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm new on here so I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I've a Camray oil boiler that is about six years old. It runs fine heating the water but has stopped heating the radiators. I turned the thermostat right up, made sure it's set to winter, but still no heat. I've tried both reset buttons, but without success. I'm a retired electrican (long time retired) and wonder if anyone could suggest any other checks or possible causes.

Thank you for your help it is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the burner actually runs, and doesn't go to lock out, then its fine.....the trouble is the boiler can't disperse the hot water in the right direction. This guides us to the circulating pump, or the diverter valve if its a combi boiler.
John :)

Thanks John,

It is a combi boiler, know I'll just have to see if I can test the pump and valve. Can't seem to track down a wiring diagram, I'll give it another try. All my best

regards

Mark

A fully pumped system with a 3 port mid position valve can give this problem.
If the motor is faulty the valve will not move from HW position to mid position or CH position

If the system has two 2 port valves in lieu of a 3 port,it could well be the CH valve is not operating due to faulty motor.
When the motor works and the valve opens it triggers a micro switch to light boiler. So micro switch may not be triggered correctly or faulty.

Sponsored Links
Ah! it's a combi! Well in that case I believe there will be a diverter valve.
So it's either not diverting to CH from HW or if it does, then again it could be a micro switch problem.
The way I understand the working of a combi is you either have HW or CH and you can't have both at the same time. There are two different water circuits, The pump is common to both, so if HW is OK then pump is OK

Aye John you're right! You either have CH or HW, not both at the same time. I'll see if I can get my boy to give me a hand checking it out at the weekend. Thanks for all your help, I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards

Mark

The pretty useless Danfoss diverter actuator will be the most likely cause of your problem but some electrical tests should be carried out first to ensure that voltage is available to motor the diverter to the heating position ;)

The pretty useless Danfoss diverter actuator will be the most likely cause of your problem but some electrical tests should be carried out first to ensure that voltage is available to motor the diverter to the heating position ;)

I have more problems with the fookin actuator spindle seal leaking.

Got it to a fine art changing the shoes ,springs and shaft. :LOL:

Thanks for your suggestings! I now have a diagram to follow, been a long time, I'm retired nearly 15 years. Hope I still remember how to use a meter. I'll check for voltage going to the Danfoss diverter actuator.

Thanks Boilerman2

Regards

Mark

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, I'll let you all know how I get on.

Regards

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back