Camray 5 boiler 'squealing'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Camray 5 Combi boiler, abut 5 years old, and this morning it started 'squealing'. switching the heating and hot water off on the time clock have no effect, however switching it off on the wall will sometime clear it, however it returns shortly.

I am not sure that it is lit now either. Have tried the normal resets, and we have over half a tank of oil, I have also checked the radiators, and bled the ones that needed it.

Additionally the pressure of the system seems to be down to 0.7 / 0.8, and I guess this should be higher? Setting on the pressure guage possibly indicates this should be ~1.5.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this. I am pretty handy with the toolkit, having renovated several houses, however not had to play with one of these before.

Sponsored Links
You are in the property so first you need to isolate source of squeel. Not possible from a distance!!

Main contenders are the circulating pump - check if sufficient water in system.

Burner motor - If oil pump shaft seal fails then heating oil washes grease from motor bearing. Change motor bearings AND oil pump in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back